Work as a data engineer with a consulting start-up. Engage with clients and team members to extract, transform and standardize data sourced from complex, sometimes disparate environments and subsequently prepare it for new applications or analysis. The data engineer will also work through the clients’ entire data ecosystem to understand what’s available, what’s missing – and where to find and collect that information. This role will develop, implement and maintain effective programs around all elements of data engineering with a constant eye toward continuous improvement.
- Proven experience extracting, importing, profiling, cleaning, standardization, transforming, converting, warehousing, archiving, and validating large complex sets of data
- Well versed with performance tuning and able to optimize the application at all of its layers
- Easily understand the complex algorithm and logic to process data
- Able to design and develop relational databases for collecting and storing data, and build and design data input and data collection mechanisms.
- Practice statistical data quality procedures and/or test driven approach for quality assurance; develop software ensuring proper data quality controls at all levels
- Experience with various data management tools (SQL, PL/SQL, UNIX shell scripting), Big Data platforms (Hadoop, hbase, CouchDB, hive, Pig) and secure cloud environment (Azure, AWS, etc.)
- Experience with reporting and BI packages (For example Tableau)
- BS in Computer Science, Engineering or similar
- 2+ years of experience in data engineering
Follow us on social media